Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
rlspeeks
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Rebecca Speeks

Technical Support

Post by rlspeeks » 1 person likes this post

I am extremely disappointed with technical support. Support used to be really prompt and excellent, minus the fact they always want to assume everything is VMWare. Now it is difficult to get a prompt response. When one is received, it's via email, rarely a call and someone not very knowledgeable. Then it takes forever to get someone knowledgeable on Hyper-V and a phone call. So much time is wasted for something important. Very sad. :cry:
Natalia Lupacheva
Veteran
Liked: 302 times
Full Name: Natalia Lupacheva

Re: Technical Support

Post by Natalia Lupacheva »

Hi Rebecca,

Sorry to hear that you've got a negative experience with our Support.
Have you tried to escalate your support case with "Talk to a manager" button?

Thanks!
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Post by PetrM »

Also, please provide a support case ID for our reference.

Thanks!
rlspeeks
Enthusiast

Post by rlspeeks »

@Natalia Lupacheva - Yes, does not help.
@PetrM - why? Case #04866875
I have tried to do the "right" thing and submit my tickets via the online support portal. That is where I am going wrong I guess because I finally CALLED in support after waiting two weeks and got someone right away and they have been very helpful. Why would the same support not be provided by submitting a ticket online?
And not everyone is VMWare.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Post by Gostev »

rlspeeks wrote: Jul 07, 2021 8:09 pm@PetrM - why?
We need support case ID so that we could forward your feedback to the support management :) we're with R&D, so we can't do much about feedback on our Support organization.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Natalia Lupacheva wrote: Jun 28, 2021 3:53 pmHave you tried to escalate your support case with "Talk to a manager"
rlspeeks wrote: Jul 07, 2021 8:09 pm@Natalia Lupacheva - Yes, does not help.
Sorry, one more thing. Are you absolutely sure you did this? Asking because there doesn't appear to be any escalation requests sent through the "Talk to a Manager" form either about support case 04866875 in particular, or from your account in general this year.
rlspeeks
Enthusiast

Post by rlspeeks »

I'm sorry. I respect everyone on this forum and appreciate all help. I could have sworn I did hit "Talk to Manager" as I have done that before. I do know for a fact I emailed my Customer Success Manager. (Who was also no help) Again, please forgive me, I'm just extremely frustrated. It's frustrating to me that "Hyper-V is supported" but yet is it really? It is extremely difficult to find someone that understands our setup. Every time I submit a support case they "ASSUME" we're VMware. This will be the end of my rant. I really do love Veeam, just wish maybe you had a Hyper-V support department.
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Post by PetrM »

Hi Rebecca,

Our support engineers are fully trained to support all platforms and features of our product. I believe that your negative experience is the exception rather than the rule. You may also provide your feedback in the customer satisfaction survey, the link is sent automatically by mail after a case is closed.

Thanks!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev » 1 person likes this post

rlspeeks wrote: Jul 08, 2021 3:15 pmAgain, please forgive me, I'm just extremely frustrated. It's frustrating to me that "Hyper-V is supported" but yet is it really? It is extremely difficult to find someone that understands our setup. Every time I submit a support case they "ASSUME" we're VMware. This will be the end of my rant. I really do love Veeam, just wish maybe you had a Hyper-V support department.
Well, in this case it is certainly us Veeam who should ask for forgiveness. I just heard from the support management that they reviewed the case, and the conclusion is it was handled terribly by your support engineer. So that's the only issue here, hopefully next time you will get a more experienced engineer helping you out.

Also, I would say it's normal for support folks to assume VMware, because this platform constitutes 90% of support cases they deal with. To avoid this, perhaps you could stress in the issue description that you're using Hyper-V. Other than that, of course we have a very strong folks who specialize specifically on Hyper-V support. I use them all the time myself when I have some Hyper-V specific questions ;)
rlspeeks
Enthusiast

Post by rlspeeks » 2 people like this post

Thank you everyone for chiming in with advice and assistance. I am extremely impressed that I received a call and had a wonderful conversation with Support Management. : )