Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
Tutek
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Wojciech

Two VM backup, setting for guest os crdentials

Post by Tutek »

Hi,
I configure two hyper-v vm in one job, so I configured credentials for app aware processing for every individual of this two vm,
I have verified connectivity and credentials for each machine, but veeam ask me for Guest Os Credentials but credentials for first or second VM?
Andreas Neufert
VP, Product Management
Liked: 1408 times
Full Name: Andreas Neufert

Re: Two VM backup, setting for guest os crdentials

Post by Andreas Neufert »

These are the default ones that will be applied to any server if you not define differently. You can use one of your credentials there.

If you then click on "Applications..." you can select specific servers and define specific credentials for them.

If you have for example selected a group by folder or tag, you can define for each group the Credentials, but can as well use the "Applications..." - "Add..." button to add specific servers and define credentials for them.
Tutek
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Wojciech

Post by Tutek »

I back up in this job my domain controller and ms sql server, what are recommended settings for them in Applications settings?
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 527 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Post by PetrM » 1 person likes this post

Hello,

I guess that this page of our help center might be helpful, for example:
By default, Veeam Backup & Replication uses the same credentials for all VMs in the job. If some VM requires a different user account, click Credentials and enter custom credentials for the VM.

This table provides the list of required permissions for each application. One more thought to keep in mind regarding SQL is how do you need to process SQL transaction logs or do you need to backup SQL in copy only mode. This section should give you a better idea of possible scenarios.

Thanks!