Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
wabsys
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Stuart Ward

Veeam 9.5.0 to 9.5.4

Post by wabsys »

Hi
Before I hit the button can someone confirm whether or not I can do this with expired support?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Veeam 9.5.0 to 9.5.4

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Stuart,

You might need to swap you license after installing Update 4 due to the recent license format changes. Take a look at this blog post to learn more, Instance licensing FAQs may come handy as well. Let us know if you have any further questions. Cheers!
wabsys
Novice

Post by wabsys »

Hi Dima

Not sure I'm any the wiser, this is a perpetual license of backup and recovery 9.5.0, so can I upgrade for free to 9.5.4? If I need an instance licence will that cost me? How many instances will I get if i can upgrade my perpetual licence to an instance licence.

Good to see that Veeam are giving this information clearly on their website - not.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Stuart,

Thanks for clarifying this - perpetual socket based license should work (upgrade to instances is required only for subscription license type). You can get a better overview of the licensing changes in Veeam B&R via official What's New document.

If, by any chance, you want to covert perpetual license to instance license - it's also possible. In order to do that, please raise a ticket via Customer Support portal. Cheers!
wabsys
Novice

Post by wabsys »

Brilliant, thanks for the info