We're currently trying to test Veeam to see if will work for us and I'm getting stuck trying to add the first of 2 VMs to Veeam. I checked the KB but only found one article, related to the older v6 that had a different WMI error.
This is our infrastructure:
- Host Server is running both VMs through Hyper-V
- Veeam is installed on the Host Server.
- All servers (Host + 2 VMs) are running Windows Server 2008 R2 x64
- Host is on the WORKGROUP workgroup.
- VMs are both on the domain (one is the DC the other is a TS)
- The local administrator account on the host has the same password as the domain administrator account.
- I can use Windows Explorer on the Host to browse either VM via Name or IP.
While running the wizard to add the VM I've tried the following:
- I've tried both the DNS name and the IP of the VM on the 'Name' screen.
- I select Microsoft Hyper-V server (standalone)
-When I get to the 'Credentials' screen is where I run into problems.
- I've tried multiple combinations of domain\username and nothing seems to work.
- administrator, [host'sname]\administrator, [domain]\administrator
I'd assume the Host being on the WORKGROUP workgroup shouldn't be an issue since I can browse the domain servers fine. Maybe I'm wrong? I've disabled the firewall on the VM to no avail.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.