Client Connection across Domains

Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting

Client Connection across Domains

Veeam Logoby nickoss » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:06 am

Hi Folks

Just wondering if there is a way to connect to a Veeam Monitor 5.0 server from a workstation in another AD domain? There is currently no trust relationship between domains so I need to be able to enter

"domain\user" credentials when connecting the Monitor Client to the Veeam monitor server.

Any assistance with this would be much appreciated.

Cheers
nickoss
Lurker

Liked: never
Full Name: Nick Austin

Re: Client Connection across Domains

Veeam Logoby Gostev » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:45 am

Hi Nick, there is a way to disable Monitor clients authentication with Monitor server. Vitaly will update you with exact steps soon. Thanks!
Gostev
Veeam Software

Liked: 2349 times

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:06 am

Hi Nick, that's right, there is a possibility to disable authentication check through built-in support utility. Please refer to our support team to guide you through the steps required. Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Liked: 1102 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Veeam Logoby rmilling » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:08 pm

I have a similar problem but the solution to disable authentication is not appropriate. In my case, the Veeam Monitor Client is installed on a laptop that is not part of any domain. I do have credentials within the same domain as the Veeam Monitor Server, so I just need to know how to have the client use those credentials when connecting to the server. (eg. similar to mapping a network share).

Is there some way to configure the client with alternate "domain\user" credentials to use when connecting to the server?
rmilling
Lurker

Liked: never
Full Name: Robert Milling

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:29 am

Robert, as a workaround you may want to use net use to establish the connection. If you need any assistance with this, please contact our support team directly.
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Liked: 1102 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Return to Monitoring