I'm just getting around to reinstalling/reconfiguring the Veeam Monitor. After installing, I noticed that the sqlservr.exe service on the remote SQL server is spiking up to 100%. I have positively determined it is the Veeam Data Collector Services. When I start the service on <serv1> the sqlservr.exe service on <sql01> spikes up, when I stop the Veeam DCS, the spike drops. I let it run for a bit thinking it was just sorting things out and doing an initial collection, but after about 15 minutes I started getting worried that it wasn't going to stop, so I killed the Veeam DCS.
Not sure if this matters or not, but there is also Veeam Business View and Veeam Reporter installed on the same (<serv1>) box.
For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert - Arthur C Clarke's Fourth Law