Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
nmace
Enthusiast
Liked: 12 times

Email alerts only for certain VMs

Post by nmace »

Right now I get alerted via VeeamOne for any alert. My address is defined in VeeamOne->Server Settings. That works great. But is there a way I can add other people so that they only get alerted when something happens to specific VMs? This seems like a fairly obvious thing someone would want to do, but I can't find a way to do it.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Email alerts only for certain VMs

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, you can do that. Just group the VMs based on their purpose/role/SLA/etc. via Veeam ONE Business View and then assign alarms with their own thresholds and notification settings to these BV groups.
nmace
Enthusiast
Liked: 12 times

Post by nmace »

Vitaliy S. wrote:Yes, you can do that. Just group the VMs based on their purpose/role/SLA/etc. via Veeam ONE Business View and then assign alarms with their own thresholds and notification settings to these BV groups.

OK, I made a group in BV with a rule that looks for VMs with a certain string in the name to puts the VMs in the group. That works great. However, how do I set alerts and recipients for that Business View? I think I might just be overlooking it, but I can't find it.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, once you have created these groups, go to Monitor Client and then create/copy existing alarms and assign them on the BV group. For all assigned alarms you can specify email notifications you need, just select all alarms and click on its properties. Let me know if that helps!
hkydan
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Dan Block

Post by hkydan »

Can you give a little more detail on this? I am not sure where to find Monitor Client? Is it in Business View or Veeam One Monitor?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Is it in Business View or Veeam One Monitor?
The latter.