Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
elwappo
Enthusiast
Liked: never

ESX 3i and monitor

Post by elwappo »

I downloaded the demo version of Veeam Monitor but was unable to see information on an ESX 3i host. I can see the VM's running on the host but do not receive any performance data on the host or the VM's. If I run this against the full blown ESX 3 servers it works great. Can this tool be used for ESX 3i? If not when? And if your looking for a beta tester consider this my hand raised for 3i support. I am desperately seeking products that can collect performance data on a 3i host.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Hello, Veeam Monitor support monitoring of ESXi hosts (except one known issue described in the release notes - see the very first issue there). If this is not the case, please send your version/build number as well as all logs from Help | About (both regular and service logs) to support(at)veeam.com. There could be certain environment problems which may result in such behavior - we expect to be able to see that from our log files.

Please also include the link to this thread in your email to our support.
elwappo
Enthusiast

Post by elwappo »

Thanks for the reply. However I'm not quite sure what this means if you could clarify for me that would be great. The first item in the release notes sounds like in order to get this data you have to have Virtual Center. Is that correct? I do not have Virtual Center and wish to collect the data from ESX 3i hosts that are stand alone. Here is what I am referring to in the release notes.

In the Advanced scalability mode, performance data is not collected for stand-alone ESXi hosts. Instead of adding ESXi hosts to the Veeam Monitor console granularly, add the corresponding VirtualCenter to the Veeam Monitor console, and exclude any ESX hosts you do not want to be monitored.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

If you do not have VirtualCenter and want to monitor standalone ESXi server, you need to make sure that you have selected the default monitoring mode when setting up the product (which is "typical"). Another mode we have is "advanced scalability" - you do not want to use this mode. You can use Veeam Monitor Settings program in Start menu to view or change the scalability option, it is located on the Collector tab
elwappo
Enthusiast

Post by elwappo »

Thanks that must be where I goofed up. I reinstalled and choose the typical mode and it works like a champ! This product is awesome. Thanks!