Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
mrmarkmitch
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Mark W.

From Free to Full..

Post by mrmarkmitch »

I installed free version of veeam monitor and want to see the full to get the historical features..
I went into veeam monitor connection settings, changed the license file (which I requested from veeam and was emailed to) and restarted the server.

Still no historical view capabilities... Ideas? Reinstall?
mrmarkmitch
Novice

Re: From Free to Full..

Post by mrmarkmitch »

To better exact my issue:
I just removed and reinstalled the app and the same issue appeared. I can only see data from the time that I installed Veeam (last friday) until now. I should be able to see say the last 3 or 6 months worth of data correct? (Veeam is being fed by my VC which has at least 12 months of good data) thx
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Theoretically, after you added VC to Veeam Monitor, it should have fetched all historical data from the VC database. I think it would be best if you open a support case with our support to troubleshoot why this did not happen (they would need to review the log files).

Just one idea, did you also delete Veeam Monitor database when re-installing the application? All configuration is stored there.
mrmarkmitch
Novice

Post by mrmarkmitch »

Yes, I tried reinstalling it all and now realize that the database needs to be wiped as well so I will re-do the install again, but as thorough as possible. I will post my results soon. thanks
mrmarkmitch
Novice

Post by mrmarkmitch »

Crap! I uninstalled veeam monitor and sql server 2005, but when I reinstall veeam it gives me an error message, cannot create db..

How do I delete veeam completely since i believe this is the problem.. something I'm missing?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

It's hard to say without knowing what error are you getting and seeing the log files. Please contact our support to help you resolve this.
ssimakov
Veeam Software
Liked: 63 times
Full Name: Stanislav Simakov

Post by ssimakov »

Mark,

Check that there are no database files left in the SQL folder in Program Files after SQL Express uninstallation.