Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
alam9
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Antonio Lam

From Trial To Free

Post by alam9 »

I am a bit confused and would like someone to shed me some light. I have upgraded the VeeamONE Monitor from v7 to v8 with the new trial key and found that it limits the monitor to only 32 sockets when a total of 38 sockets have been detected. I know the trial key will expire within 30 days, and I assume that once it expires it will turn itself into the Free Edition. At that time, do I still need a Free Edition licence or it will continue to run as Free Edition without another licence from that point onward?

I would like to start using the Free Edition straightway and be able to monitor servers with all 38 sockets immediately. Is there any way I can force the licence to expire or replace the trial with the free licence key? I checked the Manage Licence page (http://www.veeam.com/manage_licenses.html), and all it has is the download of trial key. I also tried to download a copy of Free Edition, but it seems to be the same file which I downloaded for install with the trial key.

According to Veeam, if I install VeeamONE without a licence key, it will default to the free version and work for 90 days. It then requests that you install a license file to be able to continue using Veeam ONE. So it seems to me that I can't simply install without a licence.

Does anyone know what I can do from here?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: From Trial To Free

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Antonio,
alam9 wrote:According to Veeam, if I install VeeamONE without a licence key, it will default to the free version and work for 90 days. It then requests that you install a license file to be able to continue using Veeam ONE. So it seems to me that I can't simply install without a licence.
You can install Veeam ONE without a license key, in this case it will work in free mode. As to 90 days, then this is done just to confirm you want to use free edition (free license key is sent to you). If you want immediately switch to free mode after installing a trial key, you need to use this link> http://go.veeam.com/one-free-key

Thanks!