Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
four12
Novice
Liked: never

Grouping hosts?

Post by four12 »

s there a way to group ESX hosts in the hierarchy/reporting schema?

It would be nice to have "Group 1", "Group 2" etc as main branches with the ability to report on that group or the entire infrastructure.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Post by Gostev »

Hello four12, you can get this functionality right now using Virtual Infrastructure folders. You can create a VI folder, place a few ESX hosts in it, and then build reports or view consolidated statistics from this node in the Veeam Monitor tree.

We are planning to enhance VM grouping down the road, but we did not have plans to add additional grouping for ESX hosts. Do VI folders work for you for ESX grouping, and if no - why?

Thanks!
four12
Novice
Liked: never

Post by four12 »

Hi Gostev,

It sounds like a VI folder would work, but I don't see how to create one? I right-click on "Virtual Infrastructure" and there are only options to "Add ESX" and "Add VC"?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Post by Gostev »

Hello four12, you need to create those folders with the Virtual Infrastructure Client - we do not provide capability to do this from Monitor UI since this is VI management task. Most of our customers choose to run Monitor with read-only privileges on VI, so in most cases it would be simply impossible for Monitor to perform this task. Thank you.

P.S. I don't usually respond that fast to forum posts - I just happened to be logged onto the forum both when you asked your question yesterday, and today. Just did not want you to get wrong impression on my typical response time ;)