Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
woifgaung
Veeam Software
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Wolfgang Scheer

How to trigger alarm "Immutability change tracking" in VeeamONE v11a?

Post by woifgaung »

Played around with the new alarms in v11a:
  • Immutability state
  • Immutability change tracking
Immutability state works firm, but I could not manage to trigger the second one. For my understanding it should trigger when immutability period is increased (Event VeeamImmutabilityIntervalDaysIncreased) or decreased (Event VeeamImmutabilityIntervalDaysDecreased). Tried both multiple times. What did I miss? Why do the alarm not trigger? Both (VeeamONE and VBR) are running v11a.
Wolfgang | vnote42.net | @vNote42
nikolaj
Expert
Liked: 57 times

Re: How to trigger alarm "Immutability change tracking" in VeeamONE v11a?

Post by nikolaj »

Hi woifgaung,

This might indicate a technical issue. Can you share your reproduction protocol, so we could check it out?
Meanwhile, I suggest opening a support case. Please don't forget to share the case ID in this thread, so we could follow the developments.

Thanks.
woifgaung
Veeam Software
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Wolfgang Scheer

Post by woifgaung »

Sorry for this huge delay! Finally opened a ticket: 05255049. Because I opened the ticket for Veean ONE - free I did not get any answer up to now.
Wolfgang | vnote42.net | @vNote42
RomanK
Veeam Software
Liked: 167 times

Post by RomanK »

Hello Wolfgang,

Thanks for getting back. Let's see what our engineers find out. I've pinged our support management too.

Thanks.
Eamonn Deering
Service Provider
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: EamonnD

Post by Eamonn Deering »

Any update on this?

when I look at the "Immutability change tracking" Rules I see "VeeamImmutabilityIntervalDaysDecreased", "VeeamImmutabilityIntervalDaysIncreased" and "VeeamImmutabilityIntervalDaysEnabled".

However when I change the Immutability from 29 to 30 on the VBR Host the Event Log Data shows.

<Data>&lt;changes&gt;&lt;object id="xxxx-xxx-xxx-xx"&gt;&lt;property internal="ArchiveRepository.ImmutabilitySettings.IntervalDays" type="Integer"&gt;&lt;old&gt;29&lt;/old&gt;&lt;new&gt;30&lt;/new&gt;&lt;/property&gt;&lt;/object&gt;&lt;/changes&gt;</Data>

This "ArchiveRepository.ImmutabilitySettings.IntervalDays" doesn't seem to match any of the three rules.
Thanks
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Hi Eamonn,

Have you already opened a case on that issue? If so, could you please provide the case ID? Also, what kind of Veeam technology and storage is that?

For monitoring Immutability settings, Veeam ONE creates its own events - their names you see in the alarm rule settings. In turn, the events Veeam ONE generates are created in certain conditions. This also includes the presense of the the ArchiveRepository.ImmutabilitySettings.IntervalDays event you mentioned.

The issue Wolfgang had was related to the data collection issue. Once the data collection got fixed, the issue was gone.

Thanks
Eamonn Deering
Service Provider
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: EamonnD

Post by Eamonn Deering »

Hi wishr,

Yes I might log a case. Its two new Linux hardened repo's I built over the last few weeks. The first Veeamone alert works fine.
Thanks
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Eamonn,

I've added a line about how it works in my previous post. There should be no issues with that alarm. If it does not arrive soon, I would definitely recommend opening a support case.

Thanks