Monitor DISK IO latency

Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting

Re: Monitor DISK IO latency

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Thu May 13, 2010 3:06 pm

Hm.. actually all these names we recieve directly from VMware through API calls, but I need to consult with our dev team on what we can do to help you here. I will update the thread as soon as I have any information
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Liked: 1102 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Fri May 14, 2010 9:14 am

Well... on the right picture we show you all devices that relate to DEV and PROD objects and those names are the same as shown in vSphere. And if you click on any object on the right picture it will take you to the parent object the device relates to. But thank you for your feedback!
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby schwagro » Fri May 14, 2010 1:10 pm

Even if you do that though, it shows server names, but the disks they are attached to still have those strange names. I would prefer to have everything in one shot with readable names. Just something to pass on if it's possible to do.

schwagro
Novice

Liked: never

Veeam Logoby afidel » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:07 pm

I just wanted to chime in that I too would find it very convenient if the naa-* addresses could be mapped to their coresponding friendly names in the detailed views. I have a number of servers with disks on a number of different datastores due to performance tiers and would like to be able to quickly figure out which disk is which.
afidel
Lurker

Liked: never

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:14 am

Thanks for the input! Starting from Monitor v5 you will see user-friendly names of your devices along with their IDs that might be needed for troubleshooting.
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Previous

Return to Monitoring