Monitoring esx throught VC

Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting

Monitoring esx throught VC

Veeam Logoby notuser » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:59 pm

Hi,
when I try to monitor our hosts servers and VMs, adding only the Virtual Center address, only the CPU and memory data is available, the network,disk and swap say me that "no data available".This happens in both, hosts and VMs. If I add every host individualy, go well withouth problem. what I'm doing wrong?

also, it's possible to export data from host or VM, to csv or text format or only I have the report command to export to html?

Thanks

Xavier
notuser
Expert

Liked: never

Veeam Logoby Atkatch » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:43 pm

Yes, we are aware that problem and trying to locate and fix it. Thanks anyway.
Currently we have only html reporting but we are going to improve this in some way.

Thank you for your feedback.
Atkatch
Expert

Veeam Logoby notuser » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:43 pm

I had the same experience with monitoring through VC, only CPU and Memory graphs are visible.
Individual ESX servers show graphs without problems
notuser
Expert

Veeam Logoby Atkatch » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:43 pm

What is the VC version you have?
Can you see the other counters at the Performance tab in the VC, while you see only CPU and Memory graphs in Monitor?

We would greatly appreciate if you could send us a print-screen of the VC's Performance tab at support@veeam.com.
Thanks!
Atkatch
Expert

Veeam Logoby VirtualNoItAll » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:43 pm

When manageing via VC I see no data other than on the summary tab. I am running VC 2.0.2 with all recent patches.
VirtualNoItAll
Novice

Veeam Logoby Atkatch » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:43 pm

To solve this issue it would be very helpful to receive the log files located in:
1)%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Veeam\Veeam Monitor for VMware Infrastructure 32) %userprofile%\..\LocalService\Local Settings\Application Data\Veeam\Veeam Monitor for VMware Infrastructure 3
Please send them at support@veeam.com
Atkatch
Expert

Veeam Logoby notuser » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:43 pm

we have VC 2.0.1, and in the performance tab of VC we could see without problem the graphs of disk and network that we couldn't in the veeam monitor.
In the two directories, I don't have any log (only a monitor.gui.log that don't say almost nothing). But in the "\documents and settings\NetworkService\ ...\" I have a VeeamDCS.log. I don't know if it's what you want?
It's possible this problem is related to non-english version of windows? we have a spanish version of windowsXP and we also have a little problem with VC searching some file in "%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\.." when in spanish version is en "%userprofile%\Configuracion local\Datos de programa\..".
notuser
Expert

Veeam Logoby Atkatch » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:43 pm

Scixpp, thanks! Yes, VeeamDCS.log is what we need.
Atkatch
Expert

Veeam Logoby notuser » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:43 am

something new about this problem?
notuser
Expert

Veeam Logoby Atkatch » Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:43 pm

Developers are still working on this...

Actually, if you could send us send us a print-screen of the VC's Performance tab with the network and disk counters that would be helpful for them.
Atkatch
Expert

Return to Monitoring