Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
CarlJohnston
Lurker
Liked: never

Monitoring local ESXi Host

Post by CarlJohnston »

Hi Veeamers,

I'm trying to set up Veeam Monitor 3.0.2 (Free Edition) on a Windows 2003 Server VM installed on an ESXi 3.5.0 U3 host. I'm using SQL Server 2005 Express (as installed by the installation wizard). We have four ESXi 3.5.0 U3 hosts on our network, two local to one another.

The issue I'm having is that when adding the host that is local (IE/ is running my Veeam W2K3 guest), the host dissapears after 30 seconds or so.

If I add this specific ESXi host with incorrect credentials, then it remains (however is greyed out).

I've tried deleting and re-creating the database, however this has no effect.

The VeeamDCS.log file is printing lines as follows when the host dissapears, the hostname listed is not that of the host that is removed:

12/30/08 13:08:24 Warning 0x00000D44 "Duplicate host node (#22, esx-01.domain) has been detected and removed"

Can anyone assist with this?

Thanks,

Carl
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Hello Carl, yes Veeam Monitor has functionality to automatically remove ESX hosts which look like duplicate to it. Could you please list the names of your hosts exactly as you supply them in the Veeam Monitor UI? As far as I understand you are adding ESX hosts using names, not IP addresses, right? So temporary workaround could be using IP addresses instead.
CarlJohnston
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by CarlJohnston »

Hi Gostev,

Thanks for your reply. The issue was that I had set the hostnames on the ESXi boxes the same, DNS was correct however. I expect that the Veeam software takes this name and compares it against all other hosts that it has configured. Easily fixed.

Thanks again,

Carl
Originally posted by Gostev

Hello Carl, yes Veeam Monitor has functionality to automatically remove ESX hosts which look like duplicate to it. Could you please list the names of your hosts exactly as you supply them in the Veeam Monitor UI? As far as I understand you are adding ESX hosts using names, not IP addresses, right? So temporary workaround could be using IP addresses instead.