Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
zarthan
Novice
Liked: never

Moving monitor to a new computer

Post by zarthan »

First I would like to say this is a truly delightful product. Thank you so much.

I would like to move Monitor from one workstation to another. I would rather not reconfigure the new workstation but I don't necessarily need all the stored performance data. What pieces might I need to "take with me".
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Moving monitor to a new computer

Post by Gostev »

Zarthan, unless you are using remote SQL, then it will not be so easy. I guess you will need to copy actual database files over to new computer (MDF and LDF) and attach them to your Veeam Monitor database (this will require some googling for how-to's). However, if you don't really care about performance data, and ready to sacrifice your custom alerts (just re-create them on the new deployment - it does not take long time), then there's nothing else I would personally care preserving.
zarthan
Novice
Liked: never

Post by zarthan »

It was quite easy and I preserved everything. I reinstalled the software on a new machine. I shut down the SQL engine on both machines and then moved the database from the old machine to the new machine. I needed to change the name database service started under but I was up and going in a few minutes.

Thanks
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Glad it worked, thanks for posting a short guide - hopefully this will be useful for those who will have to do the same thing in future!