Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
pufferdude
Expert
Liked: 15 times
Full Name: Jim

Reminder that I'm in Maintenance Mode?

Post by pufferdude »

This is an odd request and I doubt it can be done, but thought I'd ask anyway... it's not uncommon for me to be patching a bunch of servers at the same time, or dealing with a host and updating firmware, etc and to avoid getting incessantly notified of ALL sorts of high CPU, datatore latency, "possible ransomeware activity" etc etc alerts while I'm doing this maintenance, my usual go-to is to just put the entire VeeamOne tree (or part of it) into maintenance mode.

The PROBLEM is that every once in a while I FORGET to then take things OUT of maintenance mode, until I realize I'm not getting the "usual" alerts. Is there any way for Veeam to alert me that things have been in Mainenance Mode for X amount of time, and I should take a look? Kind of like the alerts I get when I leave a snapshot sitting around too long?
jorgedlcruz
Veeam Software
Liked: 619 times
Full Name: Jorge de la Cruz

Re: Reminder that I'm in Maintenance Mode?

Post by jorgedlcruz »

Hello,
I am aware that we trigger this maintenance mode enabled to the windows log using the new Audit mode under settings. From there one can do many things with external tools or scripts.

I will look internally, as perhaps it makes sense to have an alarm to reminder about those once a day or in the specified time period you like.

At the same time, that possible future alarm will need to be disabled by default, if you put something in maintenance to do not bother you with notifications but we send one by default will not be ideal. Coming disabled can help so only needed customers can enable it.

Thank you!
Jorge de la Cruz
Senior Product Manager | Veeam ONE @ Veeam Software

@jorgedlcruz
https://www.jorgedelacruz.es / https://jorgedelacruz.uk
vExpert 2014-2024 / InfluxAce / Grafana Champion
RomanK
Veeam Software
Liked: 168 times

Post by RomanK »

Hello Jim,

I don't think this is an odd request as well. All humans make mistakes.

Do you know that it is possible to schedule maintenance mode? I guess it could help with the described case.

Thanks
pufferdude
Expert
Liked: 15 times
Full Name: Jim

Post by pufferdude » 1 person likes this post

Thanks! I was not aware of the ability to schedule maintenance mode, but it looks like that would meet my need.