Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
dteague71
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: David Teague

Stand Alone Client

Post by dteague71 »

I have installed the Monitor on a server and I am trying to setup the client on my local computer, when I login it tells me I am connect to the service but not to the database status is connecting or disconnected.
ssimakov
Veeam Software
Liked: 63 times
Full Name: Stanislav Simakov

Re: Stand Alone Client

Post by ssimakov »

David, are you running SQL on the same machine as data collection service? Do you have firewalls between monitoring console and SQL server? If so, you may refer to Monitor user guide for information on how to configure firewalls properly.
dteague71
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: David Teague

Post by dteague71 »

Yes the SQL Server and the Monitor are on the same server and the firewall is disabled, it is loaded on a sql 2008 express x64 and 2008 x64 server. I can launch the client locally and I have it setup and sending out alerts it woudl just be nice to be able to manage it remotly.

Thanks!
David
ssimakov
Veeam Software

Post by ssimakov »

David, did you check the logs for any errors? There should be clues on what is wrong. Also, it may make sense to open a call with support and conduct a webex session to assist.
chamdor
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Post by chamdor »

I am having this same issue with 4.0. If the monitor client and server are on the same machine it works, install client monitor remotely then the remote client doesn't. The monitor server is running in a VM. I have no firewall on the server, I opened ports specified in the manual on the client just to be sure.

There appears to be no logs on the client? I see it saying connecting, and then disconnected etc. Where is the client logging connectivity issues?
ssimakov
Veeam Software

Post by ssimakov »

You can find logs opening Help->About->View Log. Also, please make sure the user you run Monitor client under is added to Veeam Monitoring group on the monitoring server.