Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
Post Reply
nlaurino
Influencer
Posts: 15
Liked: 1 time
Joined: Jun 28, 2013 2:46 pm
Full Name: Nick Laurino
Contact:

Upgrade to v10 may fail to complete

Post by nlaurino »

In the process of upgrading our Veeam Environment, we started with VeeamOne as the upgrade instructions said.

The upgrade went without any issues and VeeamOne is running as expected.

This morning, I was in the console, and under the Data Protection View, there was a 'Warning' triggered this morning.

Upgrade to v10 may fail to complete with "The DELETE statement conflicted with the REFERENCE constraint" pattern is found

It has been almost 24 hours since the Upgrade, so not sure why we are now getting this.

I have filed a Support case: # 04188127 and am waiting for a reply before we proceed to upgrade the rest of our environment.

If anyone has any experience with this, I would appreciate some feedback.
Nick Laurino

wishr
Veeam Software
Posts: 1697
Liked: 187 times
Joined: Aug 07, 2018 3:11 pm
Full Name: Fedor Maslov
Contact:

Re: Upgrade to v10 may fail to complete

Post by wishr »

Hi Nick,

Have you already updated your backup servers which are monitored by that VONE server?

The Veeam Intelligent Diagnostics alarm you are getting analyzes the logs and checks if there are discrepancies on the B&R DB layer that might potentially cause issues with the upgrade. Basically, it's a prevention measure so it's recommended to get your B&R DB validated by ou tech. support engineers before performing the upgrade in order to avoid issues.

As far as I see your case has been correctly re-assigned to B&R team, so please keep working with the engineers to confirm it's safe to proceed with the upgrade.

Thanks

nlaurino
Influencer
Posts: 15
Liked: 1 time
Joined: Jun 28, 2013 2:46 pm
Full Name: Nick Laurino
Contact:

Re: Upgrade to v10 may fail to complete

Post by nlaurino » 1 person likes this post

Thanks for the response. No, we have not proceeded with the upgrade to our B&R environment. We are waiting for a couple of replication jobs to complete, and have disable the rest of our backup/replication jobs, so we could, but will not proceed until we get a resolution.

Just got a response from support so will see where we go from here.
Nick Laurino

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest