Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
rtb1982
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Ryan Beuke

Veam Monitor Free 5.0.0.261

Post by rtb1982 »

I just installed the free version of monitor. When I installed the product I used the free sql express install and windows authentication with my domain account that has admin rights to the server. I have almost no experience with administering databases.

With everything as default after the install i see the following on my server settings

Collector service status: Running
Database status: OK
License status: not installed
Service name: VeeamDCS
Display name: Veeam Data Collector Service
Service Status: Running
Logon as Local System

Under Data base i have the DB Properties as
SQL Server "myserver\VEEAM
Database VeeamMonitor

Authentication Windows Authentication
Account: my domain account.

When i go to connect to the Database I get the status Database: retrieveing.... and Service: "MyServerName" (disconnected and running)

Is there something that im missing as far as permissions, and is there a way to run the service that connects to the DB as a local admin account instead of my domain account that has the password change once a month?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Veam Monitor Free 5.0.0.261

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Ryan,

Veeam Monitor deployment is pretty straight forward and you should have everything working out-of-the-box. Can you get in touch with our support team on that?

As to your service account question, please open Monitor Server Settings and specify any local user account to be used by our collection service to establish connection with SQL Server. Just make sure you have this account added to SQL Server admin group.

Thank you.
rtb1982
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Ryan Beuke

Post by rtb1982 »

I did not think suport was provided outside of this forum for the free version of monitor.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Depending on our staff availability we attempt to provide support for users using our free products too.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

... and I may take a guess that the current support staff availability is very limited due to the backup v6 release ;)
Vitaly.Mzokov
Expert
Liked: 25 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Mzokov

Post by Vitaly.Mzokov »

rtb1982 wrote:I did not think suport was provided outside of this forum for the free version of monitor.
Ryan, as per our support policy, we do assist customers even with free licenses. Please let me know if you have a support case already opened. If NOT then feel free to open it with our support staff via any support lines available.