Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Veeam Monitor 4.0.1 Release

Post by Gostev »

Veeam Monitor 4.0.1 is now available for download from our web-site. This update significantly improves scalability, and resolves a number of issues reported by customers on the 4.0 release. Please find the list of changes below.

New Features
• Backend Microsoft SQL Server load is reduced dramatically comparing to previous Veeam Monitor releases.
• Multiple enhancements improving product scalability and allowing for support of very large environments (hundreds of ESX hosts).
• New “Disk Commands Issued” alarm counter representing the sum of read and write requests to a datastore has been added.
• “Check Database” command in Veeam Monitor Settings program now also checks DB integrity and attempts to correct any issues encountered.
• Added ability to automatically send additional alert when alarm metrics are back to normal.

Resolved Issues
• Hardware state for certain hardware components may not return to green from red once the failure is resolved.
• Part of storage-related hardware counters are not shown for specific makes and models of servers (in particular, HP Proliant DL360/380 G5).
• In very large environments, Veeam Monitor may fail to show performance data with the following errors logged: The session is not authenticated.
• Alarm editing is disabled when alarm is opened by right-clicking it, and selecting Properties from the shortcut menu.
• vApp status may not be reflected correctly in the Veeam Monitor tree. However, the Summary tab always gives correct information.
sixth
Enthusiast
Liked: never

Re: Veeam Monitor 4.0.1 Release

Post by sixth »

Just want to post and say that 4.0.1 release has been running great for me, lots of improvement from the original release (performance, bug fixes). Plus I love the option to now receive email alerts once metrics are back to normal, thanks for adding that!!!! (my request!)
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Oops, forgot to list that feature as a change! Will edit the first post now. :D
elwappo
Enthusiast

Post by elwappo »

I wanted to jump in here and say that 4.0.1 is awesome.

Things that are awesome:

Sensor based alerting
Storage based alerting

Things I would like to see:

A web page offered up by the server to display reports in html. That way I don't have to install clients to attach to the server to produce reports.

One question though. When I upgraded to this release I had to install Excel 2007. Does the reporting format no longer work with the previous version of Excel? Or am I doing something wrong? :-)
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Thanks for the feedback, Tom... but you will need to upgrade again soon - we already have Veeam Monitor 4.5 almost out of the door (Release Candidate state). :D

Let me discuss your idea internally - this should not be awfully hard to implement!

Actually we never supported anything but Excel 2007 previously (Excel 2003 lacks some features we use for reporting), so I am not sure why you were able to use Excel 2003 before :?
elwappo
Enthusiast

Post by elwappo »

We tried to use the Excel 2007 viewer but we still can't open the reports.

That's odd. The guy in the office next to me was using Excel 2003 and after I updated him to Veeam 4 he cannot print his reports anymore. Could it be tossing them out in the new extension format now as opposed to the older extension format? That's the only thing I can grasp at.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer

Post by Gostev »

Excel 2007 Viewer might not support all required features (we never tested this - I'll ask to verify this during final 4.5 testing)... the reason this worked with Veeam Monitor 3.0 is because is probably because it did not have some new reports added in version 4.0?

[UPDATE] Just checked with devs and yes, Excel 2007 is required to generate actual report for report file - viewer is not sufficient.