Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
sefic
Lurker
Liked: never

Veeam Monitor Free Edition

Post by sefic »

Hi,

I'm trying to set up Veeam monitor on a dedicated Win2k8 r2 server, while DB is located on another AD member server (Win2k3). No matter what I do, cannot get it to work. I am experienced Win/AD/SQL administrator, so this shouldn't be rocket science. Manual is no help at all, since none of these things are described. It looks somehow that DB name and SQL user are hard coded into the application installation package. Is there any step-by-step installation manual for this scenario. Plan is to run this free edition for a few months (til 2011) and if it lives up to our expectations to upgrade it to full version, but so far it doesn't look promissing...

E.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Veeam Monitor Free Edition

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello,

Provided that you're able to connect to the remote SQL Server (which shouldn't be a DC) and create DB manually using SQL Management Studio, could you please tell me what is the exact error message you have while installing the product?

Besides, I would recommend you evaluating Veeam Monitor v5 which is coming out this week, as v5 setup now includes both SQL and Windows authentication types, which might help you with the current issue.

Hope it helps!
sefic
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by sefic »

I can connect to DB server, but installation program does not populate the DB. I've tried with manually created DB, but the server settings dialog says that DB exists, but it's not Veeam Manager database, and that's where it stops. So, I've tried small work-a-round, install VM, make snapshoot, install Veeam Monitor with SQL Express, export database, revert to snapshoot, attach DB to SQL server, install Veeam and try to connecet, but no luck, so basically, nothing works... Installing Veeam with local SQL Express works fine, but that's not an option since all out databases MUST be on single SQL server.

Btw, when is the v5 due?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Post by Gostev »

The RTM code was released yesterday. GA will most likely happen tomorrow.