Veeam Monitor VERSUS VMware vCenter

Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting

Veeam Monitor VERSUS VMware vCenter

Veeam Logoby rapid218 » Mon May 23, 2011 6:47 pm

Hey all,

First post. If this question has been asked & answered already, I apologize and if you could please kindly direct me towards the proper thread.

I have VMware vCenter set-up, now I'm wondering why I should get Veeam Monitor. I mean, what are the added management benefits of getting Veeam monitor that VMware vCenter does not have?

Any help would be greatly appreciated everyone, thanks so much.
rapid218
Lurker

Liked: never
Full Name: Raheem Parpia

Re: Veeam Monitor VERSUS VMware vCenter

Veeam Logoby Gostev » Mon May 23, 2011 7:08 pm

Hi, did you actually try to install Veeam Monitor? There is not much of a comparison here... absolutely different tools for absolutely different uses.
Gostev
Veeam Software

Liked: 2349 times

Veeam Logoby rapid218 » Thu May 26, 2011 12:55 am

I have not installed Veeam Monitor yet. Rather, I'm confused about why I should even explore Veeam options when vCenter allows me to back-up and manage my virtual infrastructure. I mean is it purely the aesthetics behind Veeam that is the added plus.

What are the differences between let's say the Veeam Management Suite and vCenter. Excuse my reference to Veeam monitor, I should have said the Veeam Management Suite (Back-up & Replication, Monitor, and Reporter).
rapid218
Lurker

Liked: never
Full Name: Raheem Parpia

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Thu May 26, 2011 7:53 am

Raheem, vCenter server has none of Veeam Management Suite capabilities. I do recommend you register for a live demo from our system engineers, as vCenter Server cannot be even compared to Management Suite offering. Thanks.
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Liked: 1102 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Return to Monitoring