Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
rapid218
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Raheem Parpia

Veeam Monitor VERSUS VMware vCenter

Post by rapid218 »

Hey all,

First post. If this question has been asked & answered already, I apologize and if you could please kindly direct me towards the proper thread.

I have VMware vCenter set-up, now I'm wondering why I should get Veeam Monitor. I mean, what are the added management benefits of getting Veeam monitor that VMware vCenter does not have?

Any help would be greatly appreciated everyone, thanks so much.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6646 times

Re: Veeam Monitor VERSUS VMware vCenter

Post by Gostev »

Hi, did you actually try to install Veeam Monitor? There is not much of a comparison here... absolutely different tools for absolutely different uses.
rapid218
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Raheem Parpia

Post by rapid218 »

I have not installed Veeam Monitor yet. Rather, I'm confused about why I should even explore Veeam options when vCenter allows me to back-up and manage my virtual infrastructure. I mean is it purely the aesthetics behind Veeam that is the added plus.

What are the differences between let's say the Veeam Management Suite and vCenter. Excuse my reference to Veeam monitor, I should have said the Veeam Management Suite (Back-up & Replication, Monitor, and Reporter).
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Raheem, vCenter server has none of Veeam Management Suite capabilities. I do recommend you register for a live demo from our system engineers, as vCenter Server cannot be even compared to Management Suite offering. Thanks.