Veeam ONE v9 Monitor console freezes

Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting

Veeam ONE v9 Monitor console freezes

Veeam Logoby pufferdude » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:44 pm

Is anyone else seeing a problem of the Monitor window going "not responding" when trying to interact with the UI? This has started happening to me regularly since upgrading to V9 UPDATE 1. At first I thought maybe it was because I didn't reboot after the update (it didn't prompt to) but it still happens after rebooting. Didn't see ANY such behavior with original v9 release code.

Just checking to see if anyone is seeing similar before I open a case and get into log hell.
pufferdude
Expert

Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Jim

Re: Veeam ONE v9 Monitor console freezes

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:49 pm

Hi Jim,

Does this happen on any other installation of Veeam ONE Monitor Client? How large is your infrastructure?

Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Liked: 1097 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Veeam Logoby pufferdude » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:53 pm

I'm only running the client on the Veeam server itself, don't have it installed anywhere else. Pretty small shop... four VM hosts, 6 sockets total. It looks like the Veeam ONE Monitor Server service is what's crashing, as when the client goes non-responding, if I close the window and "quit", then try to run it again, it can't connect to the service. And if I then try to restart the service it errors with "Windows could not stop the Veeam One Monitor Server service". So I have to reboot to get it running again. I'll just open a case.
pufferdude
Expert

Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Jim

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:56 pm

Yes, please. Let me know your case ID, so that I could monitor it too.
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Liked: 1097 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Return to Monitoring