Host-based backup of Nutanix AHV VMs.
fscken
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Scott Fielding

Mine with Veeam: Windows Server nodes necessary with existing Veeam instance?

Post by fscken »

Greetings,

My org has added a Mine cluster to our existing infrastructure that includes another Nutanix cluster and an existing Veeam client server (connected to it during installation). As far as I can tell, the Windows nodes on our Mine cluster with Veeam aren't doing anything as Veeam was not installed on them, other than the required services for the client. Can I blow the three Windows nodes away to save resources?

Cheers.
ronnmartin61
Veeam Software
Liked: 131 times
Full Name: Ronn Martin

Re: Mine with Veeam: Windows Server nodes necessary with existing Veeam instance?

Post by ronnmartin61 »

The Windows VM's are configured for use as proxies. Not a good idea to make these kinds of changes to Mine. It's an integrated appliance not a general purpose backup platform. From https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=110
You must not reconfigure, disconnect or reconnect the backup proxies added to the backup infrastructure during cluster deployment.
If you need to make any changes to the default backup infrastructure, open a support case
Best to speak with support...
fscken
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Scott Fielding

Re: Mine with Veeam: Windows Server nodes necessary with existing Veeam instance?

Post by fscken »

Good enough for, I will leave them as is. Thank you much!