Host-based backup of Nutanix AHV VMs.
cb1ocker
Influencer
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Jeremy Francis

Rename of VM during restore not working

Post by cb1ocker »

When I try to restore a VM to a new location with a new name it doesn't keep the new name by the time I get to the Summary screen. If I select append suffix of _restored, in that screen it looks great, I can see the original name and the new name with the _restored added, but by the time I get to the summary screen for the restore, both the original name and new name are the same, without any suffixes. This same behavior is also happening when I append the new_ prefix and when I try to manually rename the new VM. Any workaround for that?
cb1ocker
Influencer

Re: Rename of VM during restore not working

Post by cb1ocker »

Some additional info, I went ahead with the restore and it restored the VM with the same Original name, but a new GUID, so now I have 2 VMs with the same name showing in Prism.
Logovitch
Veeam Software
Liked: never
Full Name: Pavel Haydedey

Post by Logovitch »

Hi cb1ocker ,
thank you for bug report, we know about this issue.
Like a workaround we can propose not to initiate restore from Protected VMs / <VM Name> page, but start it directly from Protected VMs page just by selecting the line with the VM and clicking Restore.
So when you go to Protected VMs , don't click on VM name, as it will drill you inside of VM restore points page but click on the VM line (any place except VM name) to select the instance you would like to recover and click Restore.

Regarding GUID, currently we have no possibility to keep the same UID in restore to new location, we work on this functionality to be in next releases.

Cordially,
PH
cb1ocker
Influencer

Post by cb1ocker »

Understood thank you. The GUID thing isn't an issue, having a new GUID is expected, I was just adding that info to more accurately describe what I'm seeing.