Host-based backup of Nutanix AHV VMs.
Didi7
Veteran
Liked: 62 times

Veeam Nutanix AHV Plugin 12.5.0.465 upgrade error ...

Post by Didi7 »

Hello,

on one of our servers, we use the Veeam B&R Community Edition v12.0.0.1420 P20230718 and up to this morning the Veeam Nutanix AHV Plugin v12.1.4.5 worked without any problems (fresh install and configuration from a couple of weeks ago).

This morning we started upgrading to Nutanix AHV Plugin v12.5.0.465 and the installation went fine until we restarted Veeam B&R and the GUI proposed to upgrade the Proxy Appliance, which failed (even after a reboot).

The following error appears ...

Failed to upgrade host components. Error: 'Failed to upgrade Proxy - Credentials <ProxyApplianceName> cannot be used: The username <username> is already taken'

We will probably continue with deletion of the Proxy Appliance and re-installation.

Good luck everybody.

Feel free to delete this thread! The process to open a ticket for a Community Edition is too complicated for us!
Using the most recent Veeam B&R in many different environments now and counting!
Didi7
Veteran

Re: Veeam Nutanix AHV Plugin 12.5.0.465 upgrade error ...

Post by Didi7 » 2 people like this post

Possible problem ...

Ok, I continued with the deletion of the Proxy Appliance after documentating settings. During re-deployment of the Proxy Appliance I noticed a similar issue with the account used in the Proxy Appliance.

It seems, that 'adm' is a username that now is considered to be an account already taken (Linux-wise).

Therefore I decided to use 'admin' instead and the re-deployment was possible.

My current advice => do not use 'adm' as an account name for the Proxy Appliance or maybe change the credentials (i.e. username) for the Appliance, if that's possible afterwards before thinking about an upgrade to 12.5.0.465 !!!

Regards,
Didi7
Using the most recent Veeam B&R in many different environments now and counting!
Didi7
Veteran

Post by Didi7 »

Ok, just noticed that there is a possibility to add new Portal Administrators within the configuration of the Proxy Appliance 5.0.0.1080.

I can't remember, if that was also available in the prior version (just checked the help center of the archived version and there seems to be at least no possibility to add new Portal Administrators within the GUI of the prior version).

https://helpcenter.veeam.com/archive/vb ... tings.html
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/archive/vb ... tings.html

If you should use a Linux taken name in the prior version 4.x of the Proxy Appliance and if there are no commands available to change the user account on the command line, then a removal and re-deployment might be necessary to use the recent version.

Good luck.
Didi7
Veteran

Post by Didi7 »

From the Nutanix AHV 5.0 Release Notes:

Users and roles:
o Added support for multiple portal users.
o User roles have been introduced.
o MFA support has been introduced for both web console and SSH access

Only one user account allowed in prior versions ;)
ronnmartin61
Veeam Software
Liked: 131 times
Full Name: Ronn Martin

Post by ronnmartin61 »

Correct all this is new in v5! You're very welcome :D
Didi7
Veteran

Post by Didi7 » 1 person likes this post

Quote: You're very welcome :D

I know 8) :lol: