Discussions related to using object storage as a backup target.
- Posts: 54
- Liked: 1 time
- Joined: Oct 12, 2012 12:28 am
- Full Name: Mike Godwin
Hi, we have a customer with Veeam B&R Standard per-socket license that is coming up for renewal. We would like to start using S3-compatible storage, which I believe requires an edition above Standard, but the only edition comparison I can find online (https://www.veeam.com/products-edition-comparison.html
) just says Scale-out Backup Repository is included in Veeam B&R.
So there are several questions on how to get from where we are to where we can use S3-compatible storage:
- Is SOBR what we need for S3-compatible storage?
- If we need SOBR, how do we know if we need Enterprise or Enterprise Plus?
- Does the edition comparison apply to socket licensing or some other license model?
- Product Manager
- Posts: 20224
- Liked: 2235 times
- Joined: Oct 26, 2012 3:28 pm
- Full Name: Vladimir Eremin
1. Yes, you need Capacity Tier
which is a part of SOBR
2. You need at least Enterprise Edition to be able utilize SOBR
3. The referenced table applies to Veeam Universal Licenses
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests