From a config perspective this is what we have
- Standalone Windows Server 2016 VM (off domain) with Veeam v10 GA
- Backing up two VM's from an ESXi cluster 6.7 with latest updates as of 27th of Feb (our two domain controllers)
- Repository is an SOBR repo, per-vm backup files, move mode disabled, copy mode enabled for capacity/azure
- Primary extent is SMB to another Windows 2016 server with ReFS
- Second extent is the Azure blob (standard setup as per the Veeam doco)
- Retention on the backup job is set to 7 points (basically so we can quickly test it)
- Job is configured as forever forward, no synthetic full jobs (but will obviously rollup/merge when it gets to 7 restore points)
I did rebuild the server completely from RTM to GA (as in deleted the entire VM, reinstalled from scratch) thinking it was a weird RTM bug, but we see the same behavior on GA. I will say however, I did see it work once, however it only did it on the first VM in the job, not the second VM, and having run the job multiple times since then, it has continued to send up a full VBK for every incremental run of the job making the feature kind of unusable.
So has anyone actually had this working correctly with Azure blob storage? I had another post on here which talked about this and was advised it was not expected behavior, and I do have a case open 03987430 which initially was responded to saying upgrade to GA.