Discussions related to using object storage as a backup target.
mcz
Veeam Legend
Liked: 173 times
Full Name: Michael

BCJ copied instance under "imported" allthough still active

Post by mcz »

Hi!

I'm using a BCJ with in immediate mode, added two backup jobs to it. The SOBR will offload and copy the contents to S3 as soon as they appear. Now the on-prem restore points are shown under "Disk (Copy)" and the already offloaded ones under "Object Storage". Now I had to remove one source-backup-job from the BCJ due to an issue (I've created a seperate BCJ for this job) but the BCJ is still copying data from the "other" job - offload/copy working as well.

Now veeam shows the offloaded restore points under "Object Storage (imported)" and not under "Object Storage". It isn't too bad because it's of course still working but it might lead to confusion if you see a still active BCJ under imported.

Is this expected and how could we change the "view".
Thanks!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: BCJ copied instance under "imported" allthough still active

Post by veremin »

It's expected, correct. As soon as you remove a job, restore points created by it gets moved to Disk (Imported) subnode. The same happens with restore points that are stored in object storage. Thanks!
mcz
Veeam Legend

Post by mcz »

Thanks Vladimir. Not sure if I've described everything in an understanding manner:

I had BCJ:

- copy from backup 1
- copy from backup 2

This BCJ creates a new chain, which will be shown under "Disk (Copy)". Offload will move these restore points to "Object Storage". Now I've edited the job:

BCJ looks now like this:

- copy from backup 1

This means that the chain would still contain the old restore points from the "backup 2", but it would actively write new restorepoints from backup 1. Now offloaded restore points from backup 1 are shown under "Object Storage (imported)" which is not really true because it's part of an active job & chain and not "imported". You know what I mean?
mcz
Veeam Legend

Post by mcz »

Hi Vladimir,

what I've described is another bug, have a look at the case number 04223246

The bug-hunting goes on and I will not rest until all of them have been wiped out ;)
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Thanks Vladimir. Not sure if I've described everything in an understanding manner:
We've confirmed the described issue, tracked for fixing. Thanks!