Discussions related to using object storage as a backup target.
GreenEnvy
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Lee

Can you migrate Azure Scale out to new container?

Post by GreenEnvy »

We setup Veeam B&R 11 backup jobs that backup locally and also to azure blob, using scale out repositories.
we set this up in two sites, both going to the same Azure storage account and container, although in different folders. (so like Azure->VeeamBlob1->Site1 and Azure->VeeamBlob1->Site2).
We later found an article we think is indicating this is not recommended, yellow box on this site (https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=110)
Are we reading that correctly? And if so, is there some way I can copy the folder from one of them to a new container in Azure (AzCopy can do this), and repoint one of the sites at that copy? That would prevent us from needing to re-upload TB's of data.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Can you migrate Azure Scale out to new container?

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
the yellow box is about
must not be used across multiple Veeam Backup & Replication servers
I didn't read that you have multiple backup servers. Many customers have one VBR backup server for all sites.

Yes, you can copy to different buckets within Azure. That's supported https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=110 - just make sure that you copy everything.

Best regards,
Hannes
GreenEnvy
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Lee

Re: Can you migrate Azure Scale out to new container?

Post by GreenEnvy »

We do have multiple backup servers.
One vCenter, 2nd site runs from 1st sites's vcenter under a ROBO license.
Veeam backup server in each site, backing up locally and to Azure, and also replicating between eachother.

Thanks for the link, I will read it.