Using object storage as a backup target
- Service Provider
- Posts: 27
- Liked: 15 times
- Joined: Aug 07, 2017 11:51 am
- Full Name: William
At the moment, you can't add an existing bucket that is uses by a VBR Server (Server A) to another server in a read-only mod.
- Possibility to add a bucket to a second (or even more) VBR Server in a read-only state.
- If such a bucket is added: The option to enable "auto rescan" (or something similar) that Veeam keeps track if new backups were offloaded. So we should always see the newest restore points.
- Service Provider: We can offer "sure backup as a service" for our customers
- Service Provider: We can offer DR-aaS and prepare the infrastructure
- Customers: want to use the data for dev reasons on a second site
- Customers: want to do testing of the backups in an automated way on the second site
- Customers: want to be able to prepare migrations
- Product Manager
- Posts: 14069
- Liked: 1511 times
- Joined: Feb 04, 2013 2:07 pm
- Full Name: Dmitry Popov
- Location: Prague
Thank you for your feedback, noted as feature request!
- Posts: 1
- Liked: never
- Joined: May 21, 2023 5:39 pm
This is an important feature request which will help users of your software prepare infrastructure required for rapid recovery ahead of time to minimize downtime. It also will allow us to test the viability of cloud object storage backups without having to restore to a production environment.
- Posts: 51
- Liked: 5 times
- Joined: Jun 18, 2009 2:27 pm
- Full Name: Yves Smolders
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests