Discussions related to using object storage as a backup target.
lrhazi
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Mohamed Lrhazi

Invalid password trying to import backups

Post by lrhazi »

So am trying to test using AWS EC2 as a DR solution, since we offload our backups to S3 already.
I create a windows ec2 instance and installed VB&R on it, then added an S3 repo, then imported the backups.
When I click to view the imported backups, am prompted to enter my encryption password, I enter it, it spends a couple of minutes thinking about it, then errors out: Invalid password!

Presuming my password is correct, and am highly confident it is, why would it fail?

Case #05129488
lrhazi
Enthusiast

Re: Invalid password trying to import backups

Post by lrhazi »

I do see warnings in the import job:

11/21/2021 5:10:01 PM Warning Failed to import backup S3-PeopleSoft-Prod Details: The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FK_CryptoKeysRecoveryRecs_CryptoKeys_RecoveryKeyId". The conflict occurred in database "VeeamBackup", table "dbo.CryptoKeys", column 'id'.
lrhazi
Enthusiast

Post by lrhazi »

The password actually works on three jobs that got imported without a warning, and fails for two that did show the warning!
I hope there is a simple solution to this issue!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Hard to tell without seeing the debug logs and actual environment, let's wait for support team to dig deeper and come up with the solution. Thanks!
lrhazi
Enthusiast

Post by lrhazi »

So I destroyed my ec2 Veeam server instance and started over, a couple of times, and could not reproduce the issue!
Support says they can't tell what went wrong!!! Pretty scary! what if we never reproduce the issue again, until we have an actual DR event?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

You can keep the case open and ask support engineer to still analyze the logs of the issue actual date, chances are the information they get should be enough to spot the root cause.

Let's know, how the investigation goes, we can jump in, if the situation does not progress over a time.

Thanks!