Discussions related to using object storage as a backup target.
adelino
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Al De

[Feature Request] Schedule SureBackup Job to pull and verify from Object Storage

Post by adelino »

We have a Scale-out Repository with object storage in Azure. The repository only keeps 1 day of backup locally before offloading 59 days in Object Storage.

Using a scheduled SureBackup job, I can't choose to pull the data blocks from the performance tier or the capacity tier so I'm guessing it defaults to the most recent copy in the performance tier?

After opening a Veeam case, seems i can manually configure SureBackup to target the Capacity Tier this using the SureBackup --> Start To and selecting a backup date that would not exist on the performance tier. But being able to regularly verify backups both on premise and in object storage would be ideal.

See corresponding Case # 03597878
jmmarton
Veeam Software
Liked: 309 times
Full Name: Joe Marton

Re: [Feature Request] Schedule SureBackup Job to pull and verify from Object Storage

Post by jmmarton » 1 person likes this post

Unless you use "Start To," SureBackup always uses the most recent restore point. The idea is to verify its integrity and at that point any other processes to copy/move backups have safety checks to make sure everything is written properly. The main purpose of "Start To" is to provision an on-demand test/dev environment using production from a specific point in time.

Joe