Discussions related to using object storage as a backup target.
TRE3
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times

Selected Microsoft Blob storage account does not support the Archive access tier

Post by TRE3 »

Hello,

one of our customers gets the following error message when creating a new Azure Archive repository:

"Selected Microsoft Blob storage account does not support the Archive access tier"

We use a default StorageV2 LRS Hot storage account and when I upload a test file from Windows explorer into a blob container, I can set it to "Archive" without any issue. What could be the problem here?

Thanks!
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Selected Microsoft Blob storage account does not support the Archive access tier

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
I remember a permission issue when I set it up for the first time.

Please check with support as requested when you click New Topic. Please do also post the case number for reference.

Without case number, the topic will eventually be
deleted by moderators

Best regards,
Hannes

PS: support can only help if you upload logs https://www.veeam.com/kb1832
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Selected Microsoft Blob storage account does not support the Archive access tier

Post by veremin »

In what region is the storage account created? Does this region support Archive Access Tier? Thanks!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6703 times

Post by Gostev » 1 person likes this post

TRE3 wrote: May 31, 2021 6:51 amwhen I upload a test file from Windows explorer into a blob container, I can set it to "Archive" without any issue
Sounds like it :D
TRE3
Enthusiast

Post by TRE3 »

Sorry for the delay. The customer needs to find the correct account for creating a support case. When the case has been created (and resolved), I'll post the solution here.
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

You can post a ticket ID, as soon as you have it. This way we might ask R&D team to follow the investigation and participate, if needed. Thanks!
TRE3
Enthusiast

Post by TRE3 » 1 person likes this post

We probably found the solution: The storage account is located in Azure region "Germany West Central" and it seems that Archive Access Tier is not available in that region. Creating a new storage account in Europe North / West should solve the problem. Nevertheless, since the customer also does not have an Enterprise PLUS edition, he will not be able to use the Veeam Archive Tier functionality.
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

Got it, thanks for coming back and posting the resolution here - much appreciated! And you are correct in saying that Archive Tier requires Enterprise Plus edition (or VUL license).