Using object storage as a backup target
- Posts: 31
- Liked: 4 times
- Joined: Dec 25, 2015 9:44 am
I have several SOBR Jobs with a local S3 Storage as Capacity Tier.
From time to time the Offload Tasks are failing or warning. e.g.
- 04.09.2022 17:46:38 :: Could not allocate processing resources within allotted timeout (14400 sec)
- 04.09.2022 20:24:33 :: Object storage cleanup failed: REST API error: 'S3 error: The server is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.
Code: ServiceUnavailable', error code: 503
Other: HostId: '0c71966f58fd4894ab607e1420ae334c'
My question is:
Shouldn't VBR also inform about these failed tasks?
Are there any other ways to get informed, instead of manually open VBR, goto History Logs -> Storage Management?
- Product Manager
- Posts: 7097
- Liked: 1881 times
- Joined: May 13, 2017 4:51 pm
- Full Name: Fabian K.
- Location: Switzerland
Currently we do not have notification emails per offload session.
There is a daily report email with the status of the offload. If the offload is successfully completed for all backups until the next report, there is no error notification in the daily report.
Does this happen to you often that the offload does give you a timeout?
Our next Veeam One release (V12) will offer more options for monitoring offload sessions.
Thanks a lot
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
- Product Manager
- Posts: 20108
- Liked: 2210 times
- Joined: Oct 26, 2012 3:28 pm
- Full Name: Vladimir Eremin
Configure global notification settings to receive daily SOBR reports
- it contains information about SOBR and its related activities. If the issue is permanent (it always happens instead of being sporadic), then you need to contact our support team for further investigation. Thanks!
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests