Discussions specific to object storage
spoiledindy
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Sunil

Veeam with Scality

Post by spoiledindy » Feb 04, 2019 3:36 pm

Hi All,

Has anyone tried Veeam with Scality for LTR? I'd like to hear if anyone out there already did some tests with it.

pros:

cons:

Suggestions:

Any known issues/caveats:

Many thanks for your help..

Gostev
SVP, Product Management
Liked: 3112 times

Re: Veeam with Scality

Post by Gostev » Feb 04, 2019 6:22 pm

Hi, Sunil - if you mean Scality RING, then we tested it internally, but not on a large scale. One important requirement is that you must have version 7.4.2 or later for Veeam compatibility. Thanks!

spoiledindy
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Sunil

Post by spoiledindy » Feb 05, 2019 4:45 am

Hi Gostev,

Thanks for your reply.. Was it only a test you performed? Do you have any suggestions for me?

My case:

I mounted the simple storage coming from SCALITY RING on a Linux machine and added the mount point as a Backup Repository on VEEAM. I ran some backups to this repo and was getting a transfer speed of around ~100 mb/s. Need to perform some other tests before being deployed into production.

Thanks,
Sunil

Gostev
SVP, Product Management
Liked: 3112 times

Post by Gostev » Feb 05, 2019 10:10 pm

Yes, it was just a basic API compatibility test, nothing more... so unfortunately, I cannot offer any real-world usage knowledge at this time.

In fact, you'll likely be one of the first users about to do a production deployment with Scality, so I'd be very interested to learn about your experience! This way, I will be able to help other users with an advice in the future :D