Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
agrob
Veteran
Liked: 48 times
Full Name: Andre

Azure VM and SQL Backup

Post by agrob »

Good Day

VM Backup:
At the moment veeam agent for windows is needed to protect azure vm. in case of a disaster, we have to rebuild the vm outside veeam and then use the recovery iso. same as we would restore a physical server. are there any plans to protect the vm configuration itself as well? (like a VM Image Backup). I guess at the moment are Microsoft Limitations that Veeam doesn't have accces to those vm data?

Azure SQL (Service):
Are there any Plans to backup azure SQL Databases with Veeam? As far as i know, Commvault does offer this (dont know in detail).

As more and more Services and VMs are shifting to azure, it would be great to have the possiblity to bakcup all those other Azure Services (PostGre SQL, MS SQL etc) with veeam as well.

Thanks
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: Azure VM and SQL Backup

Post by wishr »

Hi Andre,

Thank you for the requests!

We hope you understand that sometimes we cannot comment on future release plans, roadmaps or feature ETAs, but this year at VeeamON 2019 in Miami we announced a native solution for protecting Microsoft Azure VMs. You may want to check the video at 1:35, but ofc I'd recommend watching it fully ;).

Thanks
agrob
Veteran
Liked: 48 times
Full Name: Andre

Re: Azure VM and SQL Backup

Post by agrob »

Hi Fedor
Thank you for your reply. Sounds good about the native solution for azure vm protection :)
Anyways, i hope Azure SQL backup is comming soon as well... ;)

thanks