Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
adb98
Enthusiast
Liked: 13 times
Full Name: Aaron B

Backup Copy Breaks with Protection Group Exclusions

Post by adb98 »

Not sure if this is a known bug or not..... I physical server protection group pointed to an AD OU. We have 4 servers that are no longer needed to be backed up but they can't be removed from that OU at this time. I went and excluded them. Not 5 minutes later I noticed that the Copy back job for this protection group was going up and down and is stating unable to find object and a long string of numbers.

I tried to run a new active full with no luck. I then tried to clone the job and run that with no luck. The only fix was to take them out of the exclusion list. As soon as that was done the copy back job started running again.

Created support ticket 03263160

Anyone ever see this or have any ideas on how to resolve short of setting up a whole new copy back job (which I am not sure will work)??
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Backup Copy Breaks with Protection Group Exclusions

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Aaron.
Not 5 minutes later I noticed that the Copy back job for this protection group was going up and down and is stating unable to find object and a long string of numbers.
Can you please clarify how backup copy job was configured? It's impossible to select the protection group as a source for backup copy job, so that's why I am asking. I see that exclusions resolved your case, please elaborate was the hosts in the questions excluded from Protection Group or you removed them from original backup job? Thank you!