Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
Schnuecker
Influencer
Liked: never

Backup Copy Job from multiple Jobs of the same machine

Post by Schnuecker »

Hello,

i am doing Backup File Jobs via Managed by Server. I had serval problems withe the volume backup (Aborting at many different states with different erros, which can be the cause of a faulty nas) so i switched back to File Copy Jobs.
Now what i have right now are 7 Jobs, which backups 7 different Folders (which are more or less large), they are running fine right now, takes bit longer but good. And also got 2 File Backup jobs at 12 AM and 12 PM which backups my userdatabase file. (All Jobs from the same machine)

What i got now, which runs a bit longer, is backup copy job, which backups the called userdatabase JOB and from my other jobs/machines the jobs. Now i wanted to add in secoundary Backup copby job which backups my 7 Backup jobs. But i get the following error:

Unable to determine the source backup file chain to use: multiple backups with the same instance ID exist in the specified sources for this Backup Copy job.

I'm not rly sure what i am doing wrong, it should be possible to Backup Copy those 7 Jobs even if they are coming from the same machine. What i tried so far:

- Adding those Jobs to my first backup job
- Making a secound folder on my extern Hard drive for the backup copy job and add this as new Backup repository
- Adding only one Job to the secoundary Backup Copy job (Which works) and adding one another to the job (which does not work)
- Select a Source Repository
Schnuecker
Influencer
Liked: never

Re: Backup Copy Job from multiple Jobs of the same machine

Post by Schnuecker »

I got now a workaround ... i putted each job into single backup copy job. That wasnt fun at all.

Can it be that backup copy job is not designed to work like that? If that so, its verry sad, because it is fun to work like that and manage my jobs. And yes i could possibly do a single backup file job but than i would still have the problem what happens if i get a new error, the whole backup would abort and starting again to assemble all files of the big main folder ...
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Backup Copy Job from multiple Jobs of the same machine

Post by foggy »

That is expected since all the source backups belong to the same VM, backup copy job itself is not able to assemble them into a single backup.