Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
rfink13
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Richard Fink

Backup job stuck at 99% for over 90 minutes

Post by rfink13 »

I've been monitoring a backup for the last 90 minutes and it's been stuck at 99% for the whole time. Is there anything I can do about it or do I just have to wait?
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: Backup job stuck at 99% for over 90 minutes

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Which Agent is that, VAL or VAW? What kind of job is it, file-level, volume-level, or entire machine? Please provide more details about the job settings and environment (bottleneck stats, repository etc)

Thanks!
rfink13
Influencer

Post by rfink13 »

It's a physical agent backup for an exchange server. I didn't realize I could click on the play button to get a progress report. The job wasn't "stuck", it's creating a synthetic full backup. Why it's doing that I don't know, those are only scheduled for Saturdays.

I posted a reply to disregard this post, since I found out what the problem was.

Thanks for replying.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Post by PTide »

Right, synthetic full is I/O intensive so sometimes it might take significant amount of time (e.g. if the target is dedupe appliance). As to synthetic full not honouring the schedule - if you've figured out what the problem was with that, then kindly share it with us :) In case you haven't, feel free to contact our support team for revision.

Thanks!
rfink13
Influencer

Post by rfink13 »

I'm assuming that since this is the first time I was able to successfully truncate the exchange logs, it's treating it like a first time full backup. I'll wait to see if this happens again.

Thanks.