Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
melexis
Influencer
Liked: 2 times

Delete Device from Agent Policy

Post by melexis »

Hi,

how do I completely delete a decomissioned device from B&R Console that was deployed via protection group as an Veeam Agent (Workstation mode)?

I removed the client from inventory protection group, uninstalled agent via protection group, deleted the backup on disk via B&R console, but in Backup Agent Policy the client is still listed.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Delete Device from Agent Policy

Post by Dima P. »

Hello melexis.

Can you double check that the host is removed from Protection group (edit the protection group and go to Computers step)? After the host is removed please rescan the protection group. How the source for your policy was configured (did you use the entire protection group or specified the hosts one by one)? Thanks.
melexis
Influencer

Post by melexis »

- Host were added to Protection Group via AD objects. But instead of adding whole OU, I preferred to select only some Clients from particular OU
- Host/Source were added to Agent Policy by adding the Protection Group

- I can confirm that the problematic Client is not present in the Protection Group
I ran through the whole protection group setup again, as expected the Client is not listed.
After that I ran discovery/recan which finished without error.
The Client is not mentioned in the rescan results, but I remember earlier that day, during my first removal, the Client was correctly reported as deleted.
The Client is also not listed in any other protection group, also not in Unmanaged/Manually Default groups
The Client Backups are deleted from B&R and not present in Veeam B&R console and Repository
In Windows Agent Policy the Client is still shown in the Host list.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

melexis,

Checked with QA team: even though you see a host under policy it is deleted and no longer processed by the policy (basically UI shows the info about this deleted host and that it). This behavior is a known issue and should be fixed in the upcoming update.
melexis
Influencer

Post by melexis »

Thanks a lot for the info!