Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
vertigo3d
Lurker
Liked: 1 time

Error when importing backup: Unable to sync backup metadata: not all required encryption keys are available

Post by vertigo3d » 1 person likes this post

Support Case # 03751006

When I try to import back up on one of my servers, I get the error referenced above. Even though I get the error, the backup shows under Disk (Encrypted). If I right-click and select Specify password, I receive error, "Unable to repair encryption keys because they are not available or corrupted."

This doesn't make any sense to me because I can import the backup from another server without any errors. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
ejenner
Veteran
Liked: 100 times
Full Name: EJ

Re: Error when importing backup: Unable to sync backup metadata: not all required encryption keys are available

Post by ejenner »

Is this anything to do with failing to import accompanying files? How are you importing the backup, by copying the full backup file from one repository to another or something else? Maybe you are missing the meta data file for the backup in question?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Error when importing backup: Unable to sync backup metadata: not all required encryption keys are available

Post by Dima P. »

vertigo3d,

Please keep working with our support team as debug log analysis is required to identify the root cause (and folks should check the backup chain being valid as well i.e. all the files are in place). Cheers!