Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
martin_zidu
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Martin Zidu

Feature request: Veeam Agent restore operators

Post by martin_zidu »

Hello,

I would like to ask you for possibility to divide between backup/restore operators in VB&R for Agents and Virtual machines.

Since we have situation, that we are using VB&R for Agents administration and actually Agents backup are meant to be used for production PCs.

For those cases we have decided to train maintenance staff to be able to restore machines in case of failure. So far its quite OK, since if you provide specific AD group with "restore operator" rights they will get to Agent backups in Veeam Agent restore boot environment.

But how we can provide them with possibility to restore only files? Agents are "blocked" by VB&R, so they are not able to start file restore withou admin privileges (don´t want to provide them with) and in case they will connect to remote VB&R console with restore privileges, they are also possible to restore Virtual machines and this is not an option...no way...we cannot provide maintenance with such kind of privileges.

So I am asking, if there is possibility to enhance privileges in VB&R for Agents and for Virtual environment.

Also would be nice to have possibility to restrict Veeam agent repositories, since we don´t want to provide them with possibility to restore from physical servers (one repo) or office PCs (second repo). But only from one specific repository (Production PCs) and this is also not possible if Agents are managed via VB&R.

Another option would be to provide possibility to unlock "restore process" on agent covered machines.

I think that this issue is affecting many production companies, which are running 24/7 and needs to cover restore process for non-it staff....

This issue is really limiting us, because if there is need to restore just few config files on affected machines....only possibility for those employees is to do full restore, and this is not good solution

We really like your solution, but there definately needs to start thinking from Server side vs production side of solution.

Thanks
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Feature request: Veeam Agent restore operators

Post by Dima P. »

Martin,

As we discussed in another thread this request makes perfect sense, and I'll discuss it with our development team. Thanks again!