Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
ds2
Enthusiast
Liked: 19 times
Full Name: Rene Keller

Recomend Package when using VAW in free mode an VBR-Resp.

Post by ds2 »

Hello,

what is the right package of Update 3 (with or without Agents) when some client-boxes use VAW in free mode and VBR (paid version) as a target for them?

Do I see it right that there is no centralized management possible in VBR if all the client-boxes run VAW in free mode? This boxes need all paid versions of VAW, right? I don't talk about mixing of paid and free-versions in this case?

Greetings
ds2
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Recomend Package when using VAW in free mode an VBR-Resp

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Rene,
what is the right package of Update 3 (with or without Agents) when some client-boxes use VAW in free mode and VBR (paid version) as a target for them?
Agent should be installed separately as a standalone product and then aimed to Veeam B&R repository.
Do I see it right that there is no centralized management possible in VBR if all the client-boxes run VAW in free mode?
Yes Agent Management requires Veeam Agent license installed in Veeam B&R console. Here is an existing topic for further reading.
mixing of paid and free-versions
This configuration is not supported. Whenever Veeam B&R server gets agent license it starts to distrubute it across all connected agents.