Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
Tiki1469
Lurker
Liked: never

Single Server Backup Expansion

Post by Tiki1469 »

We have a Quickbooks server we want to backup, but soon we will be needing to backup more than just the Quickbooks server. I am wondering what the best practice for setting up a Veeam environment in this case.

All physical machines to start though I have one critical load I will have to quarantine soon and get backed up (old Xen VM).

What is the most granular mode of backup? File level?

Should I go ahead and setup a Veeam server instead of locally installing on the Quickbooks server since we plan to expand our backup needs to more physical machines?
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Single Server Backup Expansion

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
and welcome to the forums.

In general: you want to use "entire machine". Otherwise you don't have bare metal restore. Of course, file level restore is always possible. Please just download the Veeam Agent for windows for a test machine and test it.

Yes, you can also to file level backup.

Whether to use a central backup server depends on the amount of backups you want to manage. Everyone has different opinion about when to manage something centrally - I would start at 10 machines with central backup.

There is no special best practice for Quickbooks. I would go with the recommendations of intuit

Best regards,
Hannes