Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
nanii-60
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Fabien ROUSSILLON

SQL Recovery model

Post by nanii-60 »

Hello !
How is it possible to see the "recovery model" of databases? Currently everything is "Unknown", yet our SQL user has all rights on its SQL database.

I also noticed that if I put a windows account instead of an SQL account, with the same rights on the database, it works ! I have the recovery model...
Someone has an explanation ?

CASE 03415898
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: SQL Recovery model

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Fabien,

Thank you for the detailed explanation. We will review the case details with RnD folks. Cheers!
StevenMeier
Enthusiast
Liked: 30 times
Full Name: Steven Meier

Post by StevenMeier »

Any update to this as I have the same issue.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Steven,

Please check the double check the permissions of the SQL account used for backup? Thank you in advance!
rebeca
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Rebeca Wilson

Post by rebeca »

You can view the SQL recovery model by using SQL Server Management Studio. Follow these steps for the same.

1. Connect to the appropriate instance of the SQL Server database engine and then click the server name in Object Explorer to expand the server tree.

2. Expand Databases and, depending on the database, either select a user database, or expand system databases and select a system database.

3. Right-click the database, and then click Properties. The Database Properties dialog box opens.

4. In the Select a page area, click Options.

5. The current recovery model is displayed in the Recovery model list box.

6. To change the recovery model, optionally choose a different model list. The selection options are "Full", "Bulk logged" or "Simple".

7. Finally, click OK.

In addition, if you have corrupted SQL database files, you can use the SQL Recovery tool. This will allow you to repair corrupt MDF and NDF files with all objects. It is also able to recover deleted records from the SQL table.