Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
cffit
Veteran
Liked: 35 times
Full Name: Christensen Farms

VEEAM Instant Recovery Questions

Post by cffit »

I just ran an instant recovery test and have two questions.

1. After I run instant recovery and use VMware to do storage vMotion and move the server to production storage, do I have to go back into the VEEAM console and stop the InstantRecovery task? Or should that clear on its own?

2. Where is the Power NFS volume that it uses created? Or where is that specified?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: VEEAM Instant Recovery Questions

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Christensen,

1. You should stop the running IR session.
2. Usually it is created on the repository where you store your backup files (depends on the repository type you use).

Here is more info on this > http://helpcenter.veeam.com/backup/70/v ... sub=vpower

Thanks!
cffit
Veteran
Liked: 35 times
Full Name: Christensen Farms

Post by cffit »

Thanks. It looks like it defaults to the C: drive. When one does an Instant Restore what all goes in this folder? Is it the all the vm's files? Or just some delta files? I'm just worried that since the default is the C: drive and I don't have an extra 100GB of space on the C: drive, can I do an instant restore of a VM that is 150GB?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Only disk changes (VM changes that take place when a VM is running in Instant Recovery mode) are stored on the vPower NFS server. You can however redirect those changes to any other datastore by selecting the "Redirect virtual disk updates check box" in the settings of Instant Recovery session.