Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
GMLU_IT
Influencer
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: GMLU

No Sensor Data for ESX Hosts in Veeam Management Pack

Post by GMLU_IT »

Hi folks

We are using the Veeam Management Pack for VMware v6.5 in SCOM2007R2 to monitor our ESX 5.1-Farm.

When we check the Host States of the ESX-Hosts in the SCOM-Monitoring view, all sensor are marked "not monitored".
But all the ESX-Hosts, new VMs etc. were properly discovered. And by default, the hardware-state and performance-Monitors should be enabled, right?

Any ideas, how we can fix this error? I rebooted the SCOM-Server & the Collector-Server several-times, without any success to solve the problem.
sergey.g
Veteran
Liked: 76 times
Full Name: Sergey Goncharenko

Re: No Sensor Data for ESX Hosts in Veeam Management Pack

Post by sergey.g »

Hi,

Could you check in topology that you have a sensor container and then container for each hardware sensors class (FAN, MEMORY, etc.)? Could you open Health Explorer for one of the classes and check the sate of the status monitors (the should be located under the configuration section)? Do you see any errors in the Operations Manager log on the collector servers? If monitor cannot be initialized for some reason it should be "visible" in the event log.

Thanks.
GMLU_IT
Influencer

Post by GMLU_IT »

hi sergey

I checked the sensor containers, they are all visible. In the health explorer the monitors are all marked with a filled-white empty button (which means "not monitored"). I checked these monitors and they are all enabled.
the operations manager-log on the collector server does not show any errors :(
would it be a bad idea to re-run the task "resend topology" on the ops-manager-console in the collector-service-view? has the resend-task the same effect as "rebuild full topology" on the veeam-web-GUI?

thanks and greetings

sandro
sergey.g
Veteran
Liked: 76 times
Full Name: Sergey Goncharenko

Post by sergey.g »

Hi Sandro,

Yes, "resend topology" should do the same effect as "rebuild full topology", however everything is fine with topology if you can see all the sensors. The problem is with SCOM, I'm afraid that for some reason it's not initializing monitors. Could you try to reset agent's health state on the collector server? You can do this by stopping SCOM agent (System Center Management service), then deleting the "Health Service State" folder in the Agent's directory (Agent should be located in a folder like "%Program_Files%\System Center Oerations Manager\Agent\") and then starting the agent.

If this doesn't help, I would recommend to open a ticket with our technical support team. I'm sure they'll help you to quickly identify and fix the issue.

Thanks.
GMLU_IT
Influencer

Post by GMLU_IT »

hi sergey

i had already reseted the health state of the agents several times -> no effect...
i will open a ticket to the support team.
either way, thank you for your efforts!