Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
rambrosio
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Rob Ambrosio

Deleting and creating new Replication Job

Post by rambrosio »

I decided to scrap a Test Replication job of our Exchange Server. On the Destination ESX I deleted the VM.
On Veeam Back&Repl I deleted the job and recreated it using the same Source / Destination setting as the previous job, which had run successfully until Sunday.

After about 5 minutes I got the following error message:

Please perform the following actions before clicking Next (press Ctrl-C if you want to copy this message):
1. Unregister affected replica VMs from the original ESX host '10.6.0.60'.
2. Move all affected replica VM subfolders from '10.6.0.60:[ESXSRVBU:storage1] VeeamBackup' to '10.6.0.60:[External Storage] VeeamBackup'.
3. Register affected replica VMs on the new ESX host '10.6.0.60'.

How do I Unregister the affected Replica VM as I don't have the Repl VM (Exchange) on the Destination ESX (10.6.0.60) any longer?? :(
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Deleting and creating new Replication Job

Post by Gostev »

Rob, you need to perform Remove from Replica command in the Veeam Backup UI as described on page 75 of the User Guide when removing the replica. Just deleting replica VM with the VMware Infrastructure Client would still leave records about replica in the Veeam confirguration database, and can cause issues like above. Thanks.
rambrosio
Influencer

Post by rambrosio »

Anton, as I don't have the original repl job (I deleted it incorrectly) and therefore I don't have the option of Unregistering the VM, it seems like my only option is to manually go into Veeam, and in the explorer window, delete any reference to the Repl VM, EXCHANGE. Is that correct?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

I am not sure I understand what you saying. You do not need a job have the job to perform this operation, neither you need to perform "Unregister VM". What you need to locate your old replica under Replicas in Veeam Backup UI, and delete it from there, as described on page 75 of the User Guide.

If you need any help with this or still not sure what you should do, please feel free to contact our support for assistance.
rambrosio
Influencer

Post by rambrosio »

Anton,

This is what I want to do:

Remove any reference to the Repl VM and start from scratch. I dont have any recourse to carry out the Remove Replicas as described on Pg 75 because I dont have the Repl VM listed in any of my Jobs... its gone, I deleted it.

However in my Backup ESX I still have an entry for the Repl VM, with varying size .vrb files. These are the files I want to delete.
I don't want to reference these files at all, ever.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Rob,

In case you don't have any records in the backup console referring to the Replicated VM which you want to delete, you may delete VM files manually from the destination host.

Thank you!
rambrosio
Influencer

Post by rambrosio »

I just wanted to finish off this post by confirming that deleting all reference to the VM in Veeam Backup&Repl resolved my error and I was able to complete a 65GB repl job.

I created a new Repl job from scratch. No error messages.

Thanks Tom and Vitaliy for you assistance.